The Learning Centre's primary philosophy is that learning is a lifelong process, and should be encouraged and made available to all residents, regardless of age, educational background, occupation, or social status. The Morell Region Community Learning Centre Inc., became incorporated on May 13, 1996 as a non-profit organization to serve the immediate, and surrounding communities of the Morell area. It is responsible for the coordination and management of projects and partnerships to be achieved through the following actions:
- providing means for learners to increase their academic and computer literacy levels through the development and delivery of programs that address the value of lifelong learning and reflect changing technology;
- exploring means for new technology opportunities in order to enhance community development and access to resources;
- establishing new and valuable partnerships with organizations to help maintain the literacy and community goals currently existing, as well as achieve new goals as they arise due to the changing needs and attitudes of the residents of the region;
- promoting the education of youth and adults as a necessary component in overall community economic development, including addressing the needs of youth and adults who are no longer in school;
- promoting the use of community and provincial resources as a necessary component of economic development;
- ensuring the safety and well-being of all members of the community with respect to the use of the Internet.